32 Card Poker is a poker game played with just 32 cards in the deck. Remove all the low cards, i.e. 2-6, from a standard (French) 52-card deck to get a 32-card deck for 32 Card Poker. Since all the low cards are removed, the odds of getting a hand such as King-King-King is very different compared to poker games played with a full deck. It is also a fast game and the pots tend to grow high very quickly.
The aces should stay in the deck and an ace will be both the lowest and the highest possible card.
32 card poker is a game for 2-5 players.
Hand ranking in 32 Card Poker
- Straight flush / Royal straight flush
- Four of a kind
- Flush (note that flush beats full house)
- Full house
- Two pairs
- High card
When two hands are of the same rank, e.g. two full houses, you look at the suit to determine a winner. This is how the suits are ranked:
For Royal Straight flush / Straight flush, Flush, and High Card, it is the suit of the highest card in the hand that counts. For pair and two pairs, it is the highest kicker that determines the winner.
Playing 32 Card Poker
- The player on dealer duty for this hand will receive the dealer button (dealer marker). The duty of being dealer shifts one step after each hand, just as in most other poker games.
- The player seated left of the dealer button will post the small blind, and the next player will post the big blind. The next player in line after the big blind will then post the over blind, provided that there are more than 3 players at the table. The over blind is twice the size of the big blind.
- Each player receives 5 cards from the dealer.
- A betting round takes place, where the player sitting left of the big blind is the first one to act. Each player calls, raises or fold.
- After the initial betting round, each player have the option of discarding anywhere from 0 to 4 cards and immediately receive new ones in their place. The player sitting left of the dealer is the first one to act. If the deck runs out of cards, all the cards discarded by the other players are shuffled to form a new deck.
- A new betting round takes place. In this betting round, the first player to act can say “parole”. If all the following players also say “parole”, the pot is divided equally among all the players. If the first player does not say parole, only the standard options of calling, raising and folding remains to the following players.
- If two or more players are still in the hand, all remaining players will show their cards and the pot will be given to the player with the best poker hand.